Bashaw Meadows Suspected Outbreak

update March 15, 2021

We are very pleased to report that the Suspected Outbreak at Bashaw Meadows has been lifted.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.


update March 12, 2021

We are still waiting for the last swab test result to come through and the resident remains on isolation precautions. Until we have all results come back negative for COVID-19, Bashaw Meadows is still considered a Suspected Outbreak. However, we have no new symptoms among residents and staff.

Our next meeting with Alberta Health Services is Monday, March 15th.


update March 11, 2021

We have received the results for most of the symptomatic residents and they have come back negative for COVID-19. We are hopeful this means the suspected outbreak will not become a full one.

We will be meeting with Alberta Health Services tomorrow and will provide further information after that meeting.


update March 8, 2021

On March 7, 2021, Alberta Health Services (AHS) declared a Suspected COVID-19 Outbreak in Bashaw Meadows. The Suspected Outbreak was declared by Public Health following a Gastrointestinal (GI) Outbreak. Several residents started exhibiting symptoms yesterday which included nausea, vomiting and diarrhea – these are symptoms associated with both GI and COVID. These residents have been swabbed for COVID-19 and we await the results.

We know this is a frightening prospect for residents, families, and staff. Please know that we have taken any and all steps possible to protect the health and safety of everyone. We are disappointed that cases have been found in our facility despite our preemptive actions.

In accordance with AHS regulations, once a resident shows symptoms or has potentially been exposed to COVID-19, he/she is isolated in their room. Staff who may have been exposed or have symptoms must stay at home and be tested to further limit the risk of exposure to other individuals.

We are working with Alberta Health Services to best respond to this outbreak.

At this time, we do not know when the next meeting with AHS will be but will update once we have more information.